Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Push Button Maintenance

Started by allen ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Push Button Maintenance

2 posts
  1. After my last trip I noticed that the snap rings holding one of the push buttons had a bit of rust on it. After taking the housing apart it was more than that - the snap ring had actually broke. Fortunately, no damage as the leak was minimal. But obviously the button needs some maintenance.

     

    Uwe at UK-Germany has offered to explain the maintenance to me but given English is not his native language and I know little German I thought I would spare him the difficulties and ask the folks on Wet Pixel for guidance of whether it is some I should tackle or have Uwe do the maintenance for me.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Allen

  2. After my last trip I noticed that the snap rings holding one of the push buttons had a bit of rust on it. After taking the housing apart it was more than that - the snap ring had actually broke. Fortunately, no damage as the leak was minimal. But obviously the button needs some maintenance.

     

    Uwe at UK-Germany has offered to explain the maintenance to me but given English is not his native language and I know little German I thought I would spare him the difficulties and ask the folks on Wet Pixel for guidance of whether it is some I should tackle or have Uwe do the maintenance for me.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Allen

    If you are comfortable with the idea of taking the clip rings off, removing the buttons and o-rings, lubing them up then putting them back then go for it. Ask Uwe for the o-ring size and you should be good to go. The biggest advantage of having UK do it is that they can test it and make sure it is right, you will have to take it on a dive with no camera inside to make sure. It is not a hard job at all if you have the tools and eyesight.

    Bill

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.