Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Critter ID

Started by ErolE ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Critter ID

2 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Would like to get a digital ID guide for fish and invertebrates for the indo-pacific area, for use in the field. Packing my hardback tomes is no longer realistic.

     

    I know there are a couple of iphone apps but I am not sure how comprehensive they are. (and I don t own an iphone)? Are they worthwhile?

     

    Not sure I want to spend 4 days scanning so if anyones got any ideas, please let me know.

     

    Thanks

     

    Erol

  2. Hi Erol,

    My favorite book on the tropical pacific is the Reef Creature Identification book by Paul Humann and Ned Deloach published last Nov. I haven't seen it in digital form yet. I don't think its ready for the Kindle or Nook yet. It's only 9 x 6 so it doesn't take up too much room. Good ref book to have at home.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.