Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Ikelite dome port selection for tokina 10-17mm

Started by ceckaa ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite dome port selection for tokina 10-17mm

4 posts
  1. Hello!

     

    I would like to ask some help about ikelite port selections. I got a Ikelite 5510.81 8" dome. I would like to buy an u/w gear for my canon 7d. I just thinking about that how can I use this dome for my 10-17mm tokina. I read lot of forums and a "professional" said that the 10-17mm and 8" dome coupling is very good. I checked this dome, and in the ikelite web I found a "size chart", that the 5510.81 equivalent with 5510.45 + 5510.16. This is right? Somebody use this combination, or it can be good for tokina 10-17mm fisheye? I should add more extention ring or something like this?

     

    Thanks for Your help,

     

    Daniel

  2. Ikelite port chart for Canon

     

    For the 10-17mm Tok, they recommend the Superwide port body 5510.11. No idea if the 5510.81 will fit.

    Edited by londonsean69
  3. Daniel

     

    What you have is #5510.81 = #5510.45 Dome Assembly + #5510.16 Port Body

    What you will need to purchase is a different (shorter) port body 5510.10 (2 port locks) or 5510.11 ( 4 port locks) depending on if you have 2 or 4 port locks on your housing.

    #5510.10 .... 1.300" (3.302cm)

    #5510.16 .... 2.047" (5.200cm)

  4. Daniel

     

    What you have is #5510.81 = #5510.45 Dome Assembly + #5510.16 Port Body

    What you will need to purchase is a different (shorter) port body 5510.10 (2 port locks) or 5510.11 ( 4 port locks) depending on if you have 2 or 4 port locks on your housing.

    #5510.10 .... 1.300" (3.302cm)

    #5510.16 .... 2.047" (5.200cm)

     

     

    Many thanks for Your help!

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.