Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

u/w strobe arms

Started by ceckaa ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

u/w strobe arms

8 posts
  1. Hello!

     

    I have a question about strobe arms. I bought ikelite u/w housing and I would like to buy 2 strobes. I think I will buy inon d2000 or 240z. I would like to make also macro and wide angle pictures, so my question is that: what arms can You offer for me? What length is good for universal usage? Thanks

  2. Hello!

     

    I have a question about strobe arms. I bought ikelite u/w housing and I would like to buy 2 strobes. I think I will buy inon d2000 or 240z. I would like to make also macro and wide angle pictures, so my question is that: what arms can You offer for me? What length is good for universal usage? Thanks

    I (and many others here) like Ultralight arms. I use an 8 inch and a 5 inch on each strobe. Don't forget flotation.

    Bill

  3. I (and many others here) like Ultralight arms. I use an 8 inch and a 5 inch on each strobe. Don't forget flotation.

    Bill

     

     

    Thanks, I check the Ultralight arms.

  4. I definitely prefer the Ultralight arms, too.

  5. I definitely prefer the Ultralight arms, too.

     

     

    Thanks, and what do You thing about the arm length? 5" + 8" is the best solution?

  6. Also Stix arms with their floats work well with Ikelite housing.

    I have dual 12"+12" arms. With the floats I can adjust the rig to be neutral with any lens+port combination.

  7. Also Stix arms with their floats work well with Ikelite housing.

    I have dual 12"+12" arms. With the floats I can adjust the rig to be neutral with any lens+port combination.

     

     

    Thnaks! I am new in uw photography, so I realy need help to find out witch gear, what I ned. I don t wanna buy a new one in the next year, couse now I select a wrong one.

    You said that You have 12". Don t You feel a little bit hard to operate with it because of the length?

     

    Thanks

  8. Thnaks! I am new in uw photography, so I realy need help to find out witch gear, what I ned. I don t wanna buy a new one in the next year, couse now I select a wrong one.

    You said that You have 12". Don t You feel a little bit hard to operate with it because of the length?

     

    Thanks

     

    If I was a new uw photographer, I definitely would not choose 12" + 12". Possibly 8" + 8" but I think you would find 8" + 5" a lot easier to handle and plenty long enough for most purpoes.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.