Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Full Face Mask & Aquatica Viewfinder

Started by betti154 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Full Face Mask & Aquatica Viewfinder

3 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I'm considering switching to a full face mask as I typically dive closed-circuit, but am concerned about the impact it will have to DSLR viewfinder visibility. I'm interested in any general comments, though specifically I'm currently looking at the OTS Guardian mask and I have an Aquatica with AquaView.

     

    See http://www.otscomm.com/OTSffm.shtml

     

    post-4573-1299128912.gif

     

    Kind Regards,

    Damien Siviero

    Edited by betti154
  2. I dive this set-up when I volunteer at our local Aquarium. With the AquaView you have to "hunt" for the image a little more due to the "high profile" of the mask. It is a little harder to quickly put the camera up to your eye and fire of a quick shot. I find I am really pressing the camera firmly up against the mask. I dive the Guardian 3xweek and was one of the test subjects for the current model. While it has it's place, for my everyday diving I prefer my low profile standard mask. If you do go with this suggest putting a swivel valve going into the second stage.

    Edited by NWDiver
  3. NWDiver,

     

    Thank very much for your comments, much appreciated. I had suspicions that the greater profile of the mask would cause some issues, so at least you've been able to confirm that for me.

     

    If I switch to the Guardian or similar, it would purely be to mitigate CCR risks so the swivel would not be a necessary component (for the loop anyway).

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.