Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Computer Keyboards in the UK

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Computer Keyboards in the UK

6 posts
  1. This is a weird question and is addressed to those in the UK but who are also familiar with the States. I was sent a keyboard with Final Cut Pro shortcuts on the individual keys to review. The keyboard comes from a UK company. Do people in the UK have different keyboards set ups than those used by people in the States? For example, my Apple keyboard has, from the left, control, option and command. However, this keyboard has control, command and option. Is this the norm for those in the UK? My fingers are used to moving a certain way when I type and now I have to double check where they are going.

    Steve

  2. Hi Steve,

     

    I have a UK keyboard and it is (from left) control, option, command.

     

    Adam

  3. Hi Steve

     

    Yes UK and US keyboards are different. I actually think they even have a different numbers of keys. Probably the best thing to do is to download a US and UK keyboard map and see where they differ. Hope this helps.

     

    Cheers, Simon

  4. Thanks guys, I've since been told that it is more like a PC keyboard where these keys are also in different spots. Simon, do you have a URL where these maps can be found?

    Steve

  5. Great, thanks Simon. Not sure why they would send me a FC keyboard with the UK set up since I am in the States. Strange to me. The company is Editors Keys which makes some very good usb mics and an excellent vocal booth, but this keyboard...not sure about this one yet.

    Steve

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.