I am thinking about a housing for a d7000. The chat here seems to focus on Aquatica, and Nauticam. Can anyone compare and contrast them?
- 5Posts
- 5Replies
Read-only discussion
Compare housings
-
-
Many housings are not out yet. Those that are, are just beginning to be reviewed. They will all be reported in, the coming months.
Don't neglect Ikelite!
Full functionality. Great housings at half the price of the glitzy aluminum jobbies.
Lighter underwater. And peace of mind, seeing the seals after assembly!
Built in TTL conversion, no extra charge.
-
In case you haven't seen this....http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...=35507&st=0
I'm biased toward Nauticam and have had zero problems with mine.
-
In case you haven't seen this....http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...=35507&st=0
I'm biased toward Nauticam and have had zero problems with mine.
And me. Recently changed from a D80 Ike housing. The latter was perfectly acceptable but very clunky in comparison to the Nauticam which is a pleasure to use, especially with the Nauticam 180 viewfinder. Optical sTTL works well. I am much happier with the Nauticam port securing system - and the very easy new housing securing clips. I don't really miss being able to see the o-ring compress and the electronic leak detector is a reassurance. Essentially you get what you pay for, but if budget is limited, you can do the job with Ikelite (as long as you're happy with the quite limited standard viewfinder).
Mark
-
You can put the nauticam or inon or sea & sea viewfinders on most other housings, including ikelite.
Still can save enough for really awesome set of lenses.