Hi Ryan,
You're looking for fault where there is none my friend. I mean in the simplest possible terms that pros use what makes them the most money, not what is technically a superior product. Make sense?
I wasn't even thinking about the S2 when I wrote my reply. What do you mean by your comment? I was actually thinking back to when pros started adopting digital, and the S2 wasn't even available yet.
The first widely available housing was the Seacam D1. But at $5k for the housing and 5K for the camera, it wasn't widely adopted (in my opinion). When the D30 came out at ~$2,200 with the UK-Germany housing for ~$2,500, that's when the pros mentioned in this post started buying.
The camera was 3 vs 5 megapixels, with a far inferior autofocus system, but that didn't matter. It produced files that would sell - that was what was important to them.
Cheers
James
PS, are you mad at me Ryan? I hope not. It's the Holiday season, can't we all be friends?