Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Macro Lens for Canon 7d

Started by seansrs968 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Macro Lens for Canon 7d

4 posts
  1. I am just put my 7d in an Ikelite housing and would like to know what marco lens would be recommended to use with it.

     

    Thanks

  2. I am just put my 7d in an Ikelite housing and would like to know what marco lens would be recommended to use with it.

     

    Thanks

    Depends a bit. I use the Canon 60 which is a great lens, fast focus and quite nice image quality. The downside is no use of a 1.4 tele. The new Tamron 60 is not quite as nice optically (when pixel peeping) but can use a 1.4 tele. I just got one but haven't had it in the water yet. It is a bit longer than the Canon so I need a port extension to use it. At the harder to use end of the spectrum is the Canon 100 which is the sharpest lens I own but needs a lot of practice to shoot well. I would start with one of the 60s and go from there.

    Bill

  3. ANother vote for the 60mm EFS macro lens.

  4. I concur.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.