Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Insect eye with Nauticam D7000

Started by shchae ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Insect eye with Nauticam D7000

6 posts
  1. I picked up my Inon insect-eye lens from Reefphoto on Monday & is now on my new

    Nauticam D7000 housing.

     

    When I look at it first, it had bad vignetting.(first pic)

     

    Called Ryan & he said " It is for underwater use & try in bath tub !! ".

    I prepaired a bowl with water & put the tip of lens to underwater, it shows like

    second picture.

     

    Picture of my setup is attached & again I am happy with quality of Nauticam built.

     

    Sam

    post-815-1299895302.jpg

    post-815-1299895328.jpg

    post-815-1299895346.jpg

    Edited by shchae
  2. Good stuff Sam - looking forward to hearing how it works on the Nikon. You have to use the 60mm AF-D, correct?

     

    Alex

  3. Yes, 60mm Macro f2.8 D lens(old type). It does Auto Focusing & original Inon setup with Canon 50D

    was Manual Focusing only.

     

    Sam

  4. Thanks Sam!

     

    Alex

  5. I've ordered one in for you Alex which you can test next time we meet.

  6. Yes, Alex - it was your lens I was planning on borrowing! Now it has been recalibrated by Inon since last time I tried it.

     

    Safe travels.

     

    Alex

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.