Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Porcelain Crab?

Started by waso ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Porcelain Crab?

3 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I found this tiny crab in Lembeh - for my opinion it looks like some species of a Porcelain Crab?

    Am I right - can anybody ID the correct species?

     

    Thanks!

     

    Wahrmut

     

    mg5490crab.jpg

    By wahrmut at 2011-03-13

  2. Black coral crab, Quadrella maculosa. It's a true crab with 5 pairs of legs. Porcelains are more closely related to hermits & have only 4 pairs of legs.

  3. Thanks Leslie!

     

    It's a true crab with 5 pairs of legs. Porcelains are more closely related to hermits & have only 4 pairs of legs.

    Of course your right, I didn't count the legs... :)

     

    Cheers

     

    Wahrmut

    Edited by waso
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.