I have been considering an Inon view finder for my Nexus housing. Leaning toward the 45 degree and recalling reading pro/con reviews here for the 45 vs 180. With 50+ age eyes, I think it could be useful.
Next on my schedule is Kona diving with Manta's and Black water diving.
Would a 45 degree viewfinder be of benefit on these dives?
Currently I use the standard viewfinder that came with the housing.
thanks for your comments.
I have been considering an Inon view finder for my Nexus housing. Leaning toward the 45 degree and recalling reading pro/con reviews here for the 45 vs 180. With 50+ age eyes, I think it could be useful.
Next on my schedule is Kona diving with Manta's and Black water diving.
Would a 45 degree viewfinder be of benefit on these dives?
Currently I use the standard viewfinder that came with the housing.
thanks for your comments.
For the black water dive, I would recommend the 180, unless you have lots of time to practice with the 45. If you don't then the 180 will be a lot easier since you point the camera where you are looking. For the mantas, looking up, the 45 is a lot nicer since the mantas are big enough not to lose them. I guess you should get both but if I were to get one, it would be the 180.
Bill
45! 45!45!
The angled finder is so much more useful, and a little practice lets you line up wide-angle shots with ease. I find that a 60mm macro is also easy to use, but a 105mm tends to be difficult: I point the lens above the subject, and have to consciously bring the dome down to find the subject in the finder. This difficulty is offset by the ability to stay above the viewfinder, and off the reef or the bottom.
Tim
45! 45!45!
The angled finder is so much more useful, and a little practice lets you line up wide-angle shots with ease. I find that a 60mm macro is also easy to use, but a 105mm tends to be difficult: I point the lens above the subject, and have to consciously bring the dome down to find the subject in the finder. This difficulty is offset by the ability to stay above the viewfinder, and off the reef or the bottom.
Tim
Tim: I agree with you in general but specifically for the Kona black water dive, without at least 20 practice dives, I think you would miss most of the shots trying to get good alignment. I have both viewfinders and even with lots of practice, on the blackwater dive (bottom is 1500 m below so no worries) I take the 180.
Bill
OK, Bill. I won't disagree again. I've used the 45-degree finder at night, and in open water, but I have had several years of practice...
Tim
OK, Bill. I won't disagree again. I've used the 45-degree finder at night, and in open water, but I have had several years of practice...
Tim
The practice shows, the Red Sea pics are very cool.