Hi everyone,
I'm a new video virgin with a Canon 60D. I'm having some problems in these areas, and was hoping that some of you could share your workflow and tips on how to have high quality video to share on the interwebs.
1. I am using Vegas Pro 10 which has trouble viewing the H264/MOV files that the 60D produces. My frame rate drops to 1-5fps and it's next to impossible to trim with any accuracy. I learned that I should convert them to an easier format to edit like AVI or M2TS. I've tried that and it works. But I'm wondering if there is a drop in quality due to the conversion?
2. After putting the clip together, I would like to share them on the internet. What encoding options should I use? My source files are 1080p/30fps. I have tried encoding as a MOV file (and also Sony AVC/AVI and lots of other combinations) and a 16 minute video came up to be 2.7GB which is too large for sharing on facebook and youtube.
3. I am now using Vimeo plus, but the quality from the stream isn't as good as it was from my encoded file. Is this because of the extra encoding that Vimeo does? How do I get the better quality when using Vimeo? I see "blocks" in the Vimeo video that I don't see on my source files and also on other properly done Vimeo files from other users.
Here's an example of a short video from my trip that I recently created using the steps above. Thank you in advance!
[vimeohd]21191139[/vimeohd]