check out the SNR spec on the new Sharp 6MP sensor: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0312/03121702sharpsixmeg.asp
SNR: -88dB!
Read-only discussion
check out the SNR spec on the new Sharp 6MP sensor: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0312/03121702sharpsixmeg.asp
SNR: -88dB!
check out the SNR spec on the new Sharp 6MP sensor: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0312/03121702sharpsixmeg.asp
SNR: -88dB!
A typo. It shouldn't have a minus sign, and 88dB is way way better than this tiny thing can possibly do.
That's what I think, too. I'm wondering if the "88" part is a typo, too. Still, a spec is a spec. If it's that good, we should see something great come of it, but CCD's alone don't make images. They've still got to get the image out of it intact and noise-free.
Here's to hoping Sharp's actually needs a 16 bit ADC for their new CCD! B)
That's what I think, too. I'm wondering if the "88" part is a typo, too.
Most definitely. They're off by a factor of hundreds. They would be doing well to get near 50dB. Have a look at a high end Kodak chip for comparision. The SNR and Linear Dynamic Range should be the same.
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digital/ccd...4.8.4.7.4&lc=en
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.