Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Polyacetate UW lens body ... any problems?

Started by highdesert ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Polyacetate UW lens body ... any problems?

3 posts
  1. Greetings -

     

    I've noted that some UW lens bodies (to name one brand, Dyron) are made of "polyacetate" as opposed to anodized aluminum or some other material. Is anyone familiar with any negative issues with this construction, or perhaps even positive points? I suppose their inherent buoyancy could be slightly more positive, but can't think of anything else myself. Any opinions?

     

    Thanks!

    Edited by highdesert
  2. Well, I just found the answer to my own question ... these lens bodies are made of Delrin, a strong, stable synthetic that has a very good reputation ... and apparently is a "polyacetate."

  3. Cool! Delrin is as tough as it comes.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.