The Discovery Channel will be showing a documentary on the recovery of the Ehime Maru (Japanese fishing trawler sunk by the US Navy offshore Hawaii) tomorrow evening (Dec. 18) at 8:00 pm Central time and Saturday at 12:00 noon. Our company (Canyon Offshore) was involved in the recovery operations and there is some good underwater footage of our ROV systems in the documentary. This documentary was scheduled for airing months ago, but has been delayed several times.
Please check your local TV listings if you are interested in watching it.
Cheers
James
I caught this show last night, it was very good. While the event itself is very sad, the technology, determination and manpower that went into raising the ship from 2000fsw was amazing.
Thanks for recommendation James.
Marty.
James, thanks for the head's up............very interesting show.........missed the last 15 minutes..........did they recover anyone?
Karl
Karl,
I haven't seen the programme, but I think this link will answer your question: