Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

C5050 internal flash

Started by ngsway ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

C5050 internal flash

3 posts
  1. I've been trying out my new 5050 underwater with aperture priority program with internal flash. The problem is, I find out that under bigger aperture(1.8), the photos are burned out and under smaller aperture(8.0), the photos turn out underexposed..... :D

     

    Can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong? Doesn't the camera do TTL? I have already bought a strobe for my next dive, what setting should I used now?

     

    Please help....

  2. The camera is doing the best it can.

     

    At F1.8 you will not have much depth of field, so a lot of the shot will be fuzzy, especially for closeups (which is what you want to do w/ the camera's internal flash).

     

    On the other hand, when you close up the aperture to f8, you just don't have enough flash to reach more than even a foot away. A foot is pretty close, right?

     

    So you should go for a happy medium and do what you can w/ the internal flash. Concentrate on close subjects when using the internal flash and stick with moderate f-stop.

     

    The other alternative and one that will improve your shots VASTLY is to get an external strobe.

     

    HTH

    James

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.