Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Pro digital slide show

Started by mnugues ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Pro digital slide show

16 posts
  1. hi wetpixellers B)

     

    I would like to present a slide show including music etc. I am really a beginner into this :D I just made powerpoint presentation so far. My initial idea is to see the music playing and be able to have slides appearing at certain moment somewhere on the screen while others disappear. I want something of top quality so I don't mind looking into professional media. I heard of a software called Scala but I don't know if it is the best. Any hints?

     

    Cheers,

    Maggy

  2. Hi Maggy

     

    I use ProShow Gold by Photodex.

     

    Sounds like what you are looking for.

     

    Photodex Website

     

    Best

     

    Des

  3. I use proshow gold as well. It wrocks!

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Hi Maggy,

     

    Just in case you're on a Mac, you might want to take a look at Live Slide Show. You can create slide shows like this in just about any size and resolution. I've even done a show with 50 full screen images on an Apple 23' Cinema display. The final presentation is a QuickTime movie so it does require QuickTime. If you're on a Mac you've got QuickTime and if you're on a PC its easy to get.

     

    Bonnie

  5. - never mind, user error - :freak:

  6. James and Des - Thanks a million for the ProShow Gold tip. I looked at it, then bought it. It looks like superb software.

     

    Jim

     

    :P

  7. The new PCPhoto Magazine (Jan '04) has a several sections on the latest in digital slideshows. They mention ProShow Gold and several other software packages, compare VCD to DVD slideshows, web based and email slideshows as well as reviews on digital projectors for in home slideshows direct from your laptop.

     

    PCPhoto Magazine Jan '04

  8. I'd like to add that Live Slide Show is really nice for the Mac, but is horrible on the PC. I bought it to use on my PC after using it on a Mac.

     

    I'd like to be able to generate quicktime movies (with the quicktime stills plugin) because they are small and universal, but ProShow Gold (what I use) doesn't support it.

     

    ACDSee versions prior to v6.0 have a nice slideshow feature -- it's basic, but it works, and you don't have to generate anything. v6.0 broke the ease of use, and there is now some sort of grand pause before anything happens when you launch a slideshow.

  9. I've had ProShow Gold for only one week and I love it, but is there any way to remove the annoying - and noisy - promo for ProShow at the beginning?

  10. Yes - register and then you can turn that off in the options.

     

    Cheers

    James

  11. I registered mine yesterday too. It's very easy to use! :P I haven't found a way to write to DVDs directly though. The quality of the VCDs is horrible. For now I use the Create Video option, select DVD format and render an mpg file to the hard drive. Then I burn that file to DVD using Roxio DVD builder. This seems to work well and I can just import multiple mpg's assigned to seperate DVD menu items to show slideshows independently.

     

    Now if I could just stream these across the web ....

  12. Hi Marty

     

    Whew, I thought it was just me.

     

    Or more specifically, since I installed a new DVD Super Multi after installing Pro Show.

     

    I do exactly the same as you, and it works a treat

     

    Best

     

    Des

  13. Yes - register and then you can turn that off in the options.

    James - I did register it, but in the Options, I don't see a place to turn off the promo.

     

    :P

  14. Keep lookin' Jimbo - it's in the options somewhere when you create a show. There's a box to uncheck.

     

    Can't remember exactly or I'd post a screenshot.

     

    Cheers

    James

  15. Keep lookin' Jimbo - it's in the options somewhere when you create a show. There's a box to uncheck.

     

    Can't remember exactly or I'd post a screenshot.

     

    Cheers

    James

  16. Found it! Thanks very much, James.

     

    Jim

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.