Ive been using a Nikon d-90 and Sigma 10-20mm lens for wide angle, though lately sometimes when i connect the lends to the body it doesnt read the lenses aperture anymore, just just has 2 dashes -- where the aperture number should be on the screen and i cannot take photos, or even change aperture in manual mode? does anyone know what might be the problem with this?
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
D-90 and Sigma 10-20mm, not working together anymore?
Started by leighd ·
- 4Posts
- 4Replies
Read-only discussion
D-90 and Sigma 10-20mm, not working together anymore?
-
-
ive also tried cleaning the contacts, it worked before but now im alwys getting the F-- error
-
Might be a lens issue. That happened to me on a trip with a Tokina 10-17. Sent it to Tokina and they replaced the entire diaphragm assembly.
s.
-
I had the same indication/a similar problem with a Sigma 17-70. Sigma replaced the contact block on the lens and the problem became intermitent. Then I really cleaned both sets of contacts well and the problem has gone away. It took a couple tries cleaning the contacts on the camera and lens to eliminate the problem. I used a makeup brush to clean. Some folks recommend an eraser, but I did not want to chance getting anything inside my camera.
The turnaround at Sigma was 2 days for repair. Excellent service.