Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus pcu-02 vs. pcu-01?

Started by friscuba ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus pcu-02 vs. pcu-01?

2 posts
  1. Hi there,

     

    I've got an Olympus D-40 and pt-12 housing. I've been looking at the pcu-01 macro lens and just today noticed there is a pcu-02 macro lens available which doesn't require an adapter to fit on the housing.

     

    I've never seen it mentioned in any forums and was curious if it is comparable to the pcu-01? It's priced at about 30% less and if the picture quality is pretty much the same it looks like the one to get.

     

    Anyone out there have experience with this lens?

     

    thanks,

     

    Steve

  2. My primary reason (in addition to easier availability) to get PCU-01 was a bit better "future-proofness", in the sense that I expect to change the camera quite soon and it is more likely that the PCU-01 (with the variety of step-up-rings that come with it) will work with the next camera.

     

    I do not know about the possible performance differences between the two. PCU-02 should be smaller and lighter, but I found PCU-01 convenient enough.

     

    Br,

    Jukka-Pekka

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.