A group of us went out on a charter dive boat this past Sunday and we dove Deception Pass and later Strawberry Island (close to Cypress island.) Both located in Washington State USA.
The currents at Deception were running about a half hour late from predicted slack. Vis was about 15 feet or so.. but if you've never dove it.. its a fun dive, especially along the small Pass island south wall where we dive from a boat.
Later we moved to Strawberry Island and had a nice dive there as well. But again vis was only about 15 feet or so.
Here's some video shot during the day.
I am curious to know what tripod you are using. I saw the ULCS tripod at Blue Water Photo and left very unconvinced that it is easy to use. I am considering using a lightweight cheap tripod I am occasionally using topside. If I understand correctly, you are limited to shooting as high above the ocean floor as your tripod allows, correct?
Hi
I dont think the piano music did much for me.
Some of those creatures would be good subjects to do time lapse on.
I tend to agree with Wagsy on this. Nicely shot clips, all well focused and good color but, for the most part, the video is a collection of 'video stills'. To quote John E., 'Fish are boring', it is the behaviors we capture on video that makes it interesting. In this case, for these subjects, time lapse would have been the key but just filming something sitting there, doing nada, is not what holds an audience.
Steve
Not to try to over- or misinterpret the comments above, but there is room for all styles and subjects. As far as I am concerned, the video shows one of the highlights of diving: that life down there takes some amazing forms and is a relaxing spectacle. I personally have no interest in stills, but I find an almost still subject an interesting video subject, precisely because of this slow pace. The music is accordingly very peaceful. A very fine piece altogether (considering that it has been shot in frigid water!). If the "audience" is bored, that's really too bad for them, but as a side note, they didn't have to pay a dime to watch it...