i was wondering what kind of fins are best for snorkeling trips like whale sharks in isla mujeres or the humpbacks of tonga? from what i understand scuba fins are no good. would i be best with freediving fins? really dont know what to get so any info/advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot.
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
best fins for snorkeling trips
Started by seadweller ·
- 2Posts
- 2Replies
Read-only discussion
best fins for snorkeling trips
-
-
full foot fins are what you want, straps rob you of 40% of your energy according to tests on Mares Avanti Ls.
If you are not a super good swimmer I would avoid stiff freediving fins. If you try some soft (long distance) freediving fins you will never go back.
That said you may not require real freediving fins, I would suggest to Mares HP swimming fins to most people.
Rene,
(I'm a freediver)