Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

G-12 - Adding a Macro Lens.. question

Started by azscubadude ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

G-12 - Adding a Macro Lens.. question

2 posts
  1. I use a G-12 in an Ikelite housing and like the results I have been getting..

     

    See some recent shots (without macro lens) here… Photos taken with G-12 in Cozumel-March-2011

     

    My question is… Has anyone used either of the following macro lenses using the Ikelite 67mm Macro Lens Adapter for 3.9" Ports. I use the Red Filter adapter on my Ikelite which is a wet lens like the adapter and it works great so not a problem but I can't figure out which of the following would be a better lens..

     

    1. Fantasea Line SharpEye M67 UW Macro Lens

     

    2. Epoque DML2-67DR Underwater Macro Lens

     

    I use the macro setting on the G-12 without adapter lenses and get some excellent results but would like to try using a macro lens. I can't tell which is a better lens, the Fantasea or the Epoque. The Epoque is a 4 element lens but looks like it has a smaller opening than the Fantasea. The Fantasea has a bigger opening but is only a two element lens.

     

    The FantaSea is a two element lens but is more expensive than the 4 element Epoque. This seems odd to me unless FantaSea just prices their gear higher. Both are in stock with one of my favorite dealers so I'm not comparing MSRP's.

     

    Here are the FantaSea lens specs..

    FantaSea.jpg

     

    Here are the Eqoque lens specs..

    Epoque.jpg

     

    Any opinions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

     

    Thanks

  2. we have tested this with the Dyron 67mm 2-element macro lens and the Dyron ikelite 67mm adapter, and the results were excellent, with sharp corners.

     

    Scott

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.