Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon 7000

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon 7000

6 posts
  1. I have a friend who is going to buy this system for both stills and video and I am thinking of following his lead. Does anyone have any experience with this cam at all? Especially for the video end of it? Interested to know how well it focuses for WA shooting into the blue. Any rolling shutter issues and really any info you can supply.

    Steve

  2. On the D7000, what is the video time relative to sd card size? Ie, 3 minutes of video will use how much card capacity??

  3. This is one of my first videos from the Nikon D7000. I basically just turn on the liveview and pressed record. No white balance adjustment, no changing the settings for video just using the settings I had for shooting stills.

     

     

    This 78 second clip used 186m. The longest clip I have done 8min 10sec and it used 1.12gig.

     

    I used the Tokina 10-17mm and found this lens great as it always seems to have everything in focus. Just focus via viewfinder as you would shooting stills and turn on liveview.

     

    Regards Mark

    Edited by Aussiebyron
  4. Nice video.

    Thanks for the time info.

    It was exactly what I was looking for!

  5. Wow, full marks - Mark. Thanks for sharing.

    Bob

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.