Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

lightroom slide moving

Started by diver dave1 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

lightroom slide moving

6 posts
  1. Running lightroom3.x and not able to move slides via drop and drag. I found a thread online once that gave info on de-selecting all the images or de-selecting the last imported images but I cannot find it again. My search in Adobe threads and help have not helped...nor has my lightroom books.

     

    I know its simple. Something like..Alt+letter. But what is it?

  2. Hi Dave,

    Are you clicking inside the image? I'm running 3.3 and it works by just clicking inside the image frame and moving it where I want. No Alt keys required. If I click in the grey area around the image it doesn't move.

     

    HTH,

    Steve

  3. Thanks Steve but I am trying the image. Once I de-selected the past import, it was working fine. Then I imported a few more images to that catalogue and I can no longer move them around. I had the same issue prior to finding a solution once. If I find it again, I will write it in my Lightroom book.

  4. Ctrl D was the shortcut I was thinking about. It does de-select but made no difference.

    All photos come from the same folder, its not a smart collection. But VIEW-SORT has USER ORDER grey-ed out.

    Everything I read says I should have this option...but still no cigar.

  5. Well, I figured it out...

    When I was importing, Lightroom was sending the photos two 2 different lightroom folders even though I was importing all photos at once. So I was ending up with 2 folders without realizing it.

    So I made a new folder, moved all the photos there, made a new catalogue.

    BUT.. needed one more move, I have to right click on a photo and go to the folder. I would have thought once I imported them, I would be at that folder but not true.

  6. When you are looking at pictures you have just imported, they are in a "Previous Import" state and can't be dragged. If you go directly to the folder itself in the list and click on it, the same pictures are displayed but now you can drag and drop them. Took me ages to find this out too!

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.