Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Nikon D7000 video samples

Started by Aussiebyron ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D7000 video samples

15 posts
  1. I have been playing around with a bit of video from the Nikon D7000 with the recent Manta ray action here at Byron Bay.

     

     

    Regards Mark

  2. I have been playing around with a bit of video from the Nikon D7000 with the recent Manta ray action here at Byron Bay.

     

     

    Regards Mark

    Lovely Mark!

  3. How's the buoyancy of your new rig in the water Mark? Are you using stix floats or buoyancy arms of any sort?

     

    Great viddy!

     

    John

  4. John I am using two ULCS bouyancy arms each side with the Ikelite DS161's. Its slightly negative with the 8 inch dome and more so with the 4 inch and macro. I dont get sore arms or shoulds like I use to get with the ikelite arms.

     

    Cheers Mark

  5. Wow, nice video and special moment. The 2 times I dove with mantas in the past (Manta Point in Bali and Kona in Hawaii), they never quite stopped moving so it was hard to get stationary shots.

  6. Loved it and the footage was beautifully focused. Have you tried shooting macro with this setup yet? How do you think the Nikon D7000 compares to the Canon 5 or 7 D?

    Steve

    Edited by Steve Douglas
  7. Loved it and the footage was beautifully focused. Have you tried shooting macro with this setup yet? How do you think the Nikon D7000 compares to the Canon 5 or 7 D?

    Steve

     

    Hi Steve,

     

    Actually I havnt takne the Tokina n10-17mm off yet as the diving has been so great for Wide Angle. I was tempted to the other day but the Vis improved more and so much big stuff about. I personally havnt had much to do with the Canon HD video only seen what friends have done with their 7D etc. I must say its big improvement over the D90 I had before.

     

    I am still playing with the video and need to practice and leaen alot more......hopefully reflect more in the videos to come.

     

    Regards Mark

  8. How do you think the Nikon D7000 compares to the Canon 5 or 7 D?

    Steve

     

     

    One guys opinion; http://philipbloom.net/2011/03/17/whichdslr/

     

    Still first blush and he's clearly not shooting underwater so some of his issues don't apply.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

    Edited by Steve Williams
  9. I hope that Nikon releases a firmware upgrade to open up more frame rates and other features which the Canon's have.

     

    Regards Mark

  10. Just noticed that there is a lot of banding in the blue water behind the manta. Is this typical of the D7000 video and was there a problem with the color which made you desaturate it or was that an artistic decision?

    Steve

  11. Excellent work Mark. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

  12. Just noticed that there is a lot of banding in the blue water behind the manta. Is this typical of the D7000 video and was there a problem with the color which made you desaturate it or was that an artistic decision?

    Steve

     

    Hi Steve,

     

    The banding is more to do with going black and white. I will post the orginal clip so you can see. I didnt like the colour of the clip and the balck and white gave it more punch.

     

    Regards Mark

  13. Thanks Mark, would like to see the original clip. Were you shooting the 7000 in 24fps or 30? It appears that you were shooting a touch into the sun so maybe that caused the color issue.

    Steve

    Edited by Steve Douglas
  14.  

    I was shooting in 1080 with 24fps in fine. The D7000 only shoots 24fps in 1080. 720HD can be shot in 30fps.

     

    I have the tendency to shoot into the sun as I always doing it in my stills. I have to break old habits and shoot away from the sun as my Video friends always tell me.

     

    Regards Mark

    Edited by Aussiebyron
Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.