Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Underwater ColorChecker/Macbeth Chart?

Started by chris.evans ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater ColorChecker/Macbeth Chart?

9 posts
  1. I did a search of the forum, anyone have any info on charts that are waterproof? Many are made with paints that can't even last through rain (found out the hard way with my colorchecker passport!)

     

    Do any of you use anything to check/calibrate colors underwater, especially for scientific or reference photography?

     

    CE

  2. amphibico sell the best one for video. Colour chart on one side and white balance on the other.

  3. I've been using one of these underwater for couple of years, extremely durable, great for underwater, http://mtapesdesign.com/whibal.

  4. A link for anyone stumbling upon this later:

    http://www.amphibico.com/store/carry-cases...nce-charts.html

     

    So, this leads me to my next question, at 150USD, are there waterproof slates (like this above) that I can just put my own colorchart into?

    The cheapest way to make one is to get someone with a very well calibrated printer to print one out for you then take it to Kinkos and get it laminated. Typically this will cost $3.00 or so for the print and $3.00 for the lamination and will usually last for at least a year.

    Bill

  5. I've used a WhiBal card without issues.

  6. Laminated a card I bought on ebay:

     

    dive_card.jpg

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.