Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Z240 wireless

Started by venomguy ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Z240 wireless

3 posts
  1. Anyone using the radio wireless option on the 240Z Inon strobes, twin setup?

     

    I know some use the optical slave sensor and run one single electronic syn cord but looking to go full wireless? ie non sync cords....

     

    Looking to sync with 5D on full manual setting only,

     

    thanks in advance

     

    Drew

  2. hi Drew, I don't think there's a radio wireless feature on any UW strobes, would be cool if there was. Your only option is to use the optical slave. Cheers,

     

    Chris

  3. Anyone using the radio wireless option on the 240Z Inon strobes, twin setup?

     

    I know some use the optical slave sensor and run one single electronic syn cord but looking to go full wireless? ie non sync cords....

     

    Looking to sync with 5D on full manual setting only,

     

    thanks in advance

     

    Drew

    I think there are a couple of problems with this idea. I believe that only a Canon strobe (or one designed to work with Canon wireless) will work, certainly there are no receivers for this signal on the Z240. Secondly, I think Canon's wireless ttl requires a strobe to be plugged into the hot shoe. It is not a radio but rather optical, I think so you are even more out of luck there. If you wanted to use a radio system on land you can get any number of radio transmitters that sit in the hot shoe but underwater in a housing, I don't think much RF will get to your strobes.

     

    Bill

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.