Hi Crew!
I found this link quite interesting NG:Milestones in Underwater Photography
I had no idea the first UW color shot was taken in 1926 ![]()
And how about those flashes they used for that!!! ![]()
Cheers
Karel
Read-only discussion
Hi Crew!
I found this link quite interesting NG:Milestones in Underwater Photography
I had no idea the first UW color shot was taken in 1926 ![]()
And how about those flashes they used for that!!! ![]()
Cheers
Karel
Hi Crew!
I found this link quite interesting NG:Milestones in Underwater Photography
I had no idea the first UW color shot was taken in 1926
And how about those flashes they used for that!!!
Cheers
Karel
Nice link, thanks Karel.
We should remember Doc. Edgerton's electronic flash as a major contribute to u/w photography as opposed to Mg power or flash bulbs bobbing up in Haiphong harbor. Hey Jacques! Hands off the coral.
Bob
Don't forget Louis Boutan who started it all in the 1890s. And the Williamson brothers who filmed 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea in the 1910s.
It is a very interesting link about the history of underwater photopgraphy.
What about the Nik IV? Millstones in underwater photography... ![]()
Tim
![]()
Very interesting, thanks for the link.
It would have been a "big hit" on the Wetpixel DIY projects, back then. ![]()
For me, the biggest milestone in underwater photography was the advent of the high-quality digital camera because, now, everyone can do it successfully.
It may be easier (or cheaper) now, but "everyone"? A quick trawl through Flickr reveals a lot of average-to-worse underwater images...
Tim
![]()
Karel,
Glad you posted that url. I still have the book, 'The Silent World' by Cousteau given to me on my 13th birthday in '63. It is full of the very oldest of photos and must have inspired me to want to be a diver eventually. But skydiving was my first big thing which I lived and breathed for 7 years back in the early 70's. It wasn't until 82 or 3 that scuba became a passion.
Steve
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.