Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New Nauticam Housing for a Nikon D7000

Started by kandace ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

New Nauticam Housing for a Nikon D7000

11 posts
  1. I purchased a new Nauticam Housing for a Nikon D7000, with a 4" dome port for CFWA photography. What lens do you recommend . . . the Nikon 10.5mm, f2.8, fisheye or the Tokina 10-17mm, f3.5-f4.5, fisheye lens? I need to purchase soon for a dive trip. I have the Nikon 16mm fisheye for use with the 8" dome port.

     

    Thanks.

  2. I purchased a new Nauticam Housing for a Nikon D7000, with a 4" dome port for CFWA photography. What lens do you recommend . . . the Nikon 10.5mm, f2.8, fisheye or the Tokina 10-17mm, f3.5-f4.5, fisheye lens? I need to purchase soon for a dive trip. I have the Nikon 16mm fisheye for use with the 8" dome port.

     

    Thanks.

     

    Seems like the 10-17 zoom of the Tokina could be a huge advantage?

  3. I han a Nikon 10 but traded it in for the Tokina after a 3 week livaboard. More versitle and easier to illuminate/

  4. Tokina 10-17mm with 1.4x TC

     

    Regards mark

  5. +1 for the Tokina and the 1.4x Kenko Pro 300 teleplus teleconverter.

  6. Tokina 10-17mm with 1.4x TC

     

    Regards mark

     

    Will the 1.4x teleconverter fit in the Nauticam without an extension?

  7. Will the 1.4x teleconverter fit in the Nauticam without an extension?

     

    Hi Kandace.

     

    I did a quick online search and it looks like Nauticam requires the extension ring 40 for the tokina 10-17mm and Kenko Teleplus Pro 1.4x TC.

     

    Regards Mark

  8. Tokina 10-17 for sure .... No need for the 1.4x .... Happy shooting !!!

  9. The Kenko 1.4 is a very nice addition to the Tokina 10-17 and can be added later giving additional purpose to the lens and port. Many divers are using the Zen DP 100 dome and it already has a 20mm extension. If you use other domes generally they also require a 20mm extension for the Tokina 10-17. So while 40mm is correct, most people just need to add an Ext 20.

     

    5495440277_0993bbdfcc.jpg

    Tokina 10-17 + 1.4 Kenko, Nauticam D300s

    Edited by JackConnick
  10. I think frisco said it nicely.. tokina 10-17mm.. no 1.4x teleconverter.. happy shooting!

     

    Scott

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.