Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 14mm

Started by Chris Bangs ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 14mm

4 posts
  1. Still tossing pennies ( actually Yen ) in the cookie jar for a 12-24 mm, But for now I have a Sigma 14 mm.

     

    I need to get an extension ring for my Aquatica S2. looking for recommendations from informed nodel point experts? :P

     

    Anyone have experience with this lens underwater. The lens performs quite well on the surface, I think there may be a bit of a flare issue due to the domed front element.

     

    Chris

  2. according to the Aquatica list I have they recomemd extension ring # 18459 for the sigma 14mm. Hope that helps.

     

    Steve

  3. FWIW, I've shot the Sigma 12-24 beside the Sigma 14 and I'll never replace my 14 for the other for U/W use. The 14mm is very noticeably sharper at the same length and aperture and is alot faster.

     

    This is assuming you mean the Sigma 12-24, not the Nikon, of course. :P

  4. Thanks for the info

     

    I plan to get the Nikon 12-24! Why Sigma decided to make their 12-24 without the ability to mount a filter on the front of the lens is beyond me!

     

    Chris

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.