Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Sea snake?

Started by FishFinders ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea snake?

9 posts
  1. Hi

    I saw this snake on my way up from the dive at 2 meters. I wasn´t prepared so the pictures are trully crap, but can somebody ID it?

    Thanks

    post-32749-1303442369.gif

    post-32749-1303442423.gif

    post-32749-1303442463.gif

  2. Hi

    I saw this snake on my way up from the dive at 2 meters. I wasn´t prepared so the pictures are truly crap, but can somebody ID it?

    Thanks

     

    Looks like it has a fin on the bottom. I did a little looking. Didn't find any sea snakes with apparent fins. I'm guessing an eel or fish.

  3. Looks like it has a fin on the bottom. I did a little looking. Didn't find any sea snakes with apparent fins. I'm guessing an eel or fish.

    it does look like a eel but has scales, you can see them when you zoom the pic.Is there one eel with scales?

  4. Do snakes shed skin underwater ??

     

    Diggy

  5. It also looks like it has a green hitchiker on its back! I wonder what that is too!

  6. Looks like an olive sea snake that is shedding its skin.

  7. I think the little fish with him is a golden pilot trevally. It did not look like it was shedding the skin, it looked like like keal. i looked at pic from the olive but the pattern is s different. I don´t find any good web page for sea snakes any suggestion?

    Thanks

  8. Younger olives have a more prominent coloration pattern than the adults. I think the skin is beginning to loosen around the keel, making the keel look like a fin.

  9. Do snakes shed skin underwater ??

     

    Diggy

     

     

    With the exception of the sea kraits, sea snakes have to. The other sea snakes are not able to leave the sea.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.