Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea & Sea DX5400

Started by Andy H ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea & Sea DX5400

4 posts
  1. I see from the digideep website that there is now a Sea & Sea housing for the Coolpix 5400. Has anyone any more info, seen one or used one?

     

    If nothing else, can anyone using a 5400 underwater in any make of housing give me some feedback. Very interested in housing one myself in the S & S model but don't currently have the camera. Intrigued as to strobe options etc.

     

    Cheers & all the best for 2004 :P

     

    Andy

  2. Andy,

     

    I recommend you look for a good used CP-5000. Nikon makes an incredible 19mm lens for it and both Sea & Sea, Aquatica, UK-Germany and Ikelite make a housing and dome port to fit it as well. To the best of my knowledge, no w/a lenses and ports exist for the CP-5400. The other advantage is RAW file support on the 5000 vs the 5400. You can use either Ikelite or Sea & Sea digital strobes with either of these cameras.

     

    Doug

  3. I would do that BUT I have a Sea & sea voucher so need to look at current/forthcoming products. I had asked already but there are no CP5000 housings for sale in the UK at S & S dealers now. Thanks for the advice though....

     

    Andy

  4. There is an announcement about the DX5400 housing on the Japanese site:

     

    www.seaandsea.co.jp

     

    Check out the housing set up for the fisheye converter (from the Japanese site):

     

    5400_fishueys.gif

     

    Cheers

    James

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.