Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Inon 45° viewfinder and Nauticam housings

Started by Jacques-Yves ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon 45° viewfinder and Nauticam housings

8 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Here is a simple, not expensive, and easy solution, in pictures, to mount a straight or 45° Inon viewfinder on Nauticam housings. I've made some pictures an explanations for a french underwater photography forum. After that, it was published on the Nauticam UK page, with my accord. I searched for a while to find such a solution, because I wanted absolutely a 45° viewfinder on my Nauticam housing. So I've got the idea to share this solution in a largely audience. Sorry for the mistakes...But I'm french...

     

    http://underwatervisions.wordpress.com/201...housing/?ref=nf

     

    Best Regards

     

    Jacques-Yves

  2. All USA Nauticam dealers, and many international ones, can supply a version of the Inon 45 for $899 that includes an adapter that allows the viewfinder to be installed, and interchanged, in the same fashion as all other Nauticam Viewfinders.

     

    This is very handy, making it simple to remove the viewfinder without tools for travel.

     

    _1060002.jpg

     

    Videos demonstrating removing and replacing the finders are here:

     

    http://nauticamusa.com/video/mini-tutorial...Viewfinder.html

    Edited by Ryan
  3. Hi Ryan,

     

    Can you supply just the adapter for those who already have the viewfinder ?

     

    Is it easy to fit?

  4. We do not sell the parts for end user self install, and encourage all customers to work with a local dealer that has some housing service experience to convert the Inon viewfinder to the Nauticam mount. Once installed, it can be removed and replaced in seconds.

  5. All USA Nauticam dealers, and many international ones, can supply a version of the Inon 45 for $899 that includes an adapter that allows the viewfinder to be installed, and interchanged, in the same fashion as all other Nauticam Viewfinders.

     

    This is very handy, making it simple to remove the viewfinder without tools for travel.

     

    _1060002.jpg

     

    Videos demonstrating removing and replacing the finders are here:

     

    http://nauticamusa.com/video/mini-tutorial...Viewfinder.html

     

    Hi,

     

    This is a nice information for Nauticam housing owners. The "do it yourself" solution that I proposed is also very easy, cheeper, and has the advantage to permit the conversion of a used or owned 45° viewfinder.

  6. Or talk to Ken Sullivan... :D

  7. I have dismantled an Inon 45-degree finder after a housing flood (it's a bit fiddly to reposition the prism, but that's the only real problem if you have the right driver head for the screws). I was lucky enough to have Nauticam send me the adaptor ring, which I fitted in place of the Nexus fitting that I had been using. The split ring needs a tool and is easily damaged, so I guess that Ryan is right: experience is a good idea! It's probably worth servicing the 0-rings, or having them serviced, once in a while, too...

     

     

    Tim

     

    :D

  8. I have dismantled an Inon 45-degree finder after a housing flood (it's a bit fiddly to reposition the prism, but that's the only real problem if you have the right driver head for the screws). I was lucky enough to have Nauticam send me the adaptor ring, which I fitted in place of the Nexus fitting that I had been using. The split ring needs a tool and is easily damaged, so I guess that Ryan is right: experience is a good idea! It's probably worth servicing the 0-rings, or having them serviced, once in a while, too...

     

     

    Tim

     

    :D

     

    Hi,

    I agree with you Tim, a little bit experience is surrely necessery... But as a perfect viewfinder newbie, I've done the job very easyly... And I'm for the liberty to choose if you want to do it yourself or let it do by Nauticam...

    Jacques-Yves

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.