Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon D7000 Firmware Update

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D7000 Firmware Update

9 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    I am in the field at the moment (Iceland for the next few weeks). Using the D7000 as a second camera. Has anyone upgraded firmware yet? Normally it would not seem wise to update in the field - but Reykjavik is not exactly remote.

     

    Just thought I'd canvas a few opinions first?

     

    Alex

  2. Hey Alex,

     

    Done and all good!

     

    Adam

  3. Thanks Adam!

  4. Hi all you D7000 users:

     

    Has anyone heard of any problems with the sensors on the D7000 being more easily contaminated. I have 2 D7000 bodies and both have suffered the same sort of contamination in the last 2 months. I think it may be related to my new 28-300 nikkor, but I want to know what you think. I have never had this problem with my D70, D300, D00s or 7D, it just makes me wonder what's going on.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Ray J

  5. What exactly do you mean by 'contaminated' ?

     

    Paul C

  6. What exactly do you mean by 'contaminated' ?

     

    Paul C

     

    Mine came from the factory with a half dozen stubborn dust bunnies.

  7. Hi Paul: What I mean by "contamination" are visible spot on the sensor, that cannot be removed with in internal sensor cleaner. They appear like they could be the remains of some condensation and, after looking at the progession of "spots on the images", seem to get worse as I used the camera until the images were unusable. I think this problem may be due to the large internal volume of the 28-300, combined with zooming while in live view mode, causing condensation on sensor, resulting in these spots. Last weekend, I was shooting some waterfalls in the Smokies, and I noticed some spot appearing, and actually saw something on the sensor. Later in the day, I could no longer see anything on the sensor, however there are a few very faint artifacts visible if you examine an image of a bright sky under magnification (of the image). This lens seems to be causing the problems, however it is a great lens, I would just like to figure this out. Nikon technical service was no help at all.

     

    Thanks, Ray J

  8. Suggest you get to grips with this - you will have to eventually and it is honestly not that hard.

     

    http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning

     

    Paul C

     

    Just realised this was a hijacked thread....

     

    Sorry Alex!

  9. I haven't been able to upgrade firmware yet. Camera can't see the file. Are there region constraints?

     

    OK, works now, using the file and instructions from nikonusa.

    Edited by Panda
Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.