Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma fisheye 10mm f/2.8

Started by acuevas ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma fisheye 10mm f/2.8

5 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    It's time for me to move to the reflex world.

    I'm going to buy only the camara for now and near to October I will get the housing.

    That will give me time to learn how to use the camera and to pay the camera before destroying my finances with the housing.

     

    The camara in question is the Nikon D7000, I want to buy a few lenses for now and one of the lenses I'm looking is the Sigma Fisheye 10mm f/2.8.

    I would like to use this lens in and out of the water, I know about the Tokina 10-17, and maybe in the future I will have both lenses.

     

    My question is, does it work underwater?

    Does it work under a 6" dome?

    What about smaller domes?

     

    Thanks for any help that you can give me.

  2. Yes, it should work very well and also with the smaller domes around. From:

     

    http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/10mm-f28-ex...m-fisheye-sigma

     

    "The minimum focusing distance of 5.3 inches & a magnification ratio of 1 to 3.3 allows subjects to be as close as ¾ of an inch from the lenses’ front element"

     

    With really small domes you may need to cut a little of the lens´shade since it seems to be pretty big (some people did it with nikon´s 10.5mm), just check when you buy the dome...

  3. Yes, it should work very well and also with the smaller domes around. From:

     

    http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/10mm-f28-ex...m-fisheye-sigma

     

    "The minimum focusing distance of 5.3 inches & a magnification ratio of 1 to 3.3 allows subjects to be as close as ¾ of an inch from the lenses’ front element"

     

    With really small domes you may need to cut a little of the lens´shade since it seems to be pretty big (some people did it with nikon´s 10.5mm), just check when you buy the dome...

     

    In fact the shade was my primary concern.

  4. In fact the shade was my primary concern.

     

    Hola Andrés,

     

    Para fotosub en Chile te recomiendo el Tokina 10-17, su versatilidad ayuda mucho.

    Yo lo uso con el mini domo Nauticam de 4,33" y anillo de extensión de 20mm, anda muy bien.

     

    Cordialmente,

    Eduardo Sorensen.

  5. Hola Andrés,

     

    Para fotosub en Chile te recomiendo el Tokina 10-17, su versatilidad ayuda mucho.

    Yo lo uso con el mini domo Nauticam de 4,33" y anillo de extensión de 20mm, anda muy bien.

     

    Cordialmente,

    Eduardo Sorensen.

     

     

    Hola Eduardo, nunca hicimos el curso con David :D

     

    Good to know that you are in Wetpixel. I'm not alone anymore. :D

     

    I'm not discarding the Tokina, I'm just curious if the Sigma fits behind the different dome sizes.

    The image quality of the Sigma and the f/2.8 is something to look at.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.