Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Best non-apple monitor for Mac Pro

Started by Rocha ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Best non-apple monitor for Mac Pro

4 posts
  1. Hey all, I am getting a new Mac Pro, but I just noticed that Apple doesn't sell 23'' monitors any more, only the huge 27''. I really like the setup I have now with my old Mac Pro, two 23'' cinema displays, so I thought I would try to continue on something like that. So, what do you guys suggest as good 23'' monitors for a new Mac Pro? Transferring my old 23's is not an option.

  2. Hey all, I am getting a new Mac Pro, but I just noticed that Apple doesn't sell 23'' monitors any more, only the huge 27''. I really like the setup I have now with my old Mac Pro, two 23'' cinema displays, so I thought I would try to continue on something like that. So, what do you guys suggest as good 23'' monitors for a new Mac Pro? Transferring my old 23's is not an option.

     

    I use NEC 24" PA241W-BK-SV that I love. It comes with the Spectraview software and puck. http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/pa241w-bk-sv

    You couldn't go wrong with almost any monitor that uses IPS technology today. For other high end brands you could look at LaCie and for a very reasonable price you could pick up a Dell U2410.

  3. Hey all, I am getting a new Mac Pro, but I just noticed that Apple doesn't sell 23'' monitors any more, only the huge 27''. I really like the setup I have now with my old Mac Pro, two 23'' cinema displays, so I thought I would try to continue on something like that. So, what do you guys suggest as good 23'' monitors for a new Mac Pro? Transferring my old 23's is not an option.

     

    Although the apple website only has the 27 inch on their website I have seen smaller in the apple retail store and best buy store here in Dallas, TX. Best Buy has some 21.5" on their website.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark

    Frame Destination, Inc.

  4. Thanks all, I think I will get the Dell 2410, good reviews and the same resolution as my old 23'' Cinemas, it's really silly that apple only makes huge 27'' displays now.

    Edited by Rocha
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.