Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Dragonet

Started by tonywu ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Dragonet

10 posts
  1. This photo of dragonet is from a friend in Cairns. She took the photo a few years ago, in about 7 to 10 meters of water, among ruble and Acropora corals and came across another one last week.

     

    She's exhausted her supply of critter ID books, and I couldn't find this in any of mine.

     

    Anyone have an idea what species this might be?

    post-3350-1304342624.jpg

  2. Was the photo taken at the GBR?

  3. Yes I believe so

  4. I cant help with the ID but what a beautiful specimen it is.

     

    Stew

  5. Yeah, it's certainly a beautiful fish, whatever it is.

  6. Yeah, it's certainly a beautiful fish, whatever it is.

     

    Synchiropus sp. ???

  7. Received a tentative ID of Synchiropus bartelsi

  8. This looks very different from the S. bartelsi that I saw before. I am still trying, and e-mailing some specialists. Will let you know when I hear anything back from them.

  9. Thanks Nick!

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.