Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Howard Schatz underwater photos in Yoga Journal

Started by asmigel ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Howard Schatz underwater photos in Yoga Journal

5 posts
  1. I don't know about you, but I've found great inspiration from Howard Schatz's underwater pool images.

    And Yoga too.

    So what a nice surprise to see an underwater photograph on the cover of Yoga Journal this past month.

     

    i-6mH3CGw-S.png

     

    Also, an interesting article from the model's pov in dealing with the underwater environment here.

     

    So, has anyone else tried capturing people in Yoga moves u/w?

     

    ~abi

  2. Thanks for posting this. Howard is a master.

    Appreciated reading the models perspective.

     

     

     

    I don't know about you, but I've found great inspiration from Howard Schatz's underwater pool images.

    And Yoga too.

    So what a nice surprise to see an underwater photograph on the cover of Yoga Journal this past month.

     

    i-6mH3CGw-S.png

     

    Also, an interesting article from the model's pov in dealing with the underwater environment here.

     

    So, has anyone else tried capturing people in Yoga moves u/w?

     

    ~abi

  3. Really enjoyed the read - thanks for posting Abi. I have tried a few like this but not done as well as he has.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Yes Howard Schatz is the master both technically and artistically. From a technical perspective no one else even comes close. What is also inspiring (and frustrating) is just the huge body of work he has produced. It's hard to come up with anything that he has not already done.

    I really love the colors in his cover image, though I guess it's not any strict yoga position she's in.

    Here's a pic of my daughter Kyra fooling around one day when she was helping me set up the lights and stuff for the pool. :D

    _JMH0040%20-%20Version%202.jpg

    Edited by loftus
  5. Really powerful message.

    It makes a lot of sense to me since I started practicing Tai Chi in order to learn to be relax and more important to be relax underwater.

    Many times while struggling with a Tai Chi posture I say to myself, stop fighting Andres. Well, I'm still struggling but I keep trying.

     

    Thanks for sharing.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.