Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

North Sulawesi critter... Help!

Started by Jharrisbanc ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

North Sulawesi critter... Help!

6 posts
  1. I took this photo somewhere around North Sulawesi. It was maybe .5 to .75 inches.

     

    5685841169_c132131d44.jpg

  2. I took this photo somewhere around North Sulawesi. It was maybe .5 to .75 inches.

     

    5685841169_c132131d44.jpg

    My money is on it being a transparent six leg mutant frog, the result of radiation from Japan. Not like anything I've ever seen.

  3. looks like a sea spider to me.

     

    Olly

  4. Sea spiders are everywhere in North Sulawesi. In Lembeh I would see at least two on each dive. My money is on that as well. Although a radiated frog spider fish thingy sounds plausible too.. :D

  5. Sea spiders are everywhere in North Sulawesi. In Lembeh I would see at least two on each dive. My money is on that as well. Although a radiated frog spider fish thingy sounds plausible too.. :D

     

    I looked up the photos of sea spiders, and they looked more..well, spiderish. This thing pivoted its head (that you can see in the photo) and seemed to be looking at me with his two eyes. Plus it seemed to use two of its legs as legs, and two of its legs as arms. Sea spiders may do this too. I appreciate everyone's responses, especially the radioactivity ones...that may explain the extra thumb I grew. Now I can give 2 thumbs up with only one hand.

  6. That is definitely a sea spider. I have pictures of the same species from a different angle and there is no doubt that it is a sea spider.

     

    regards

     

    Bent

    Edited by Bent C
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.