I've read from several folks posting here that they are able to post process the barrel distoration created with fisheye and ultrawide (weitwinkel) angle lenses. I've looked through photoshop 7 and just installed photoshop cs and can't find any filters or transforms that allow you to unbend the sides of the image.
for those who know how to do this, are you using a 3rd party plug-in or is there some basic ps commands I'm just missing?
I've used panotools but have had trouble automating it with actions. I will do the job as long as you know the right parameters.
I use Grasshopper ImageAlign. It's an interactive tool that allows a number of adjustments simulataneously. I recommend shooting a grid to determine the right adjustments.
You can also use the "Transform" tools in PS 'Edit' menu. I have used these for years to correct wide internal shots such as boat cabins, hotel rooms etc. Works well.
Thanks guys, useful information.
The distort-pinch filter may help
Paint Shop Pro 8.0 has a great "fisheye" filter
If you are shooting Nikon RAW w/ a 10.5 mm lens, you can use Nikon Capture 4 to fix distortion w/ the fisheye.
Tried it and it is KILLER!!!
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if any of you had the Panorama tools coefficients for correcting color fringing and barrel distortions of a Nikon 16mm fisheye. I am using a Nikon D70 camera which has a 1.5x focal length multiplier as all the other Nikon digital cameras. So if you have the coefficients for this lens with anyNikon D series camera or even the Fuji S2, they would be the same as the ones I need for the D70.
Here's a question regarding Nikon's 10.5mm and Capture 4 defish action:
After defishing, what's the equivalent angle?
It's 180 degrees, equivalent to the 16mm full frame fisheye out of the camera. There is some cropping when you defish. Does anybody know the end result?
Hi Eric, welcome back to Wetpixel.
I think there was some discussion about this when the new NC came out. Try a search using "defish" or "fisheye correction" to find it.
I used the plugin recently and I noticed that the corners of the image were stretched a LOT. I don't understand what you mean by "equivalent to the 16mm full frame fisheye out of the camera," can you elaborate?