Hi all you fellow D7000 users: I received my first D7000 when they came out in late October and a new AD7000 housing when they were released recently. I liked the camera/ housing so much, I sold my Canon 7D (big mistake) and bought a second D7000 body recently. A few weeks ago, I was using my first D7000 and noticed terrible spots on the lower right hand corner of the images. I inspected the sensor and saw quite a bit of contamination on it. I went back through my pictures and could see the spot developing right after I began using this body reaching the unusable state that it was in at that point. I really was confused as I have never had that problem before over many years of using my D70, D300, 7D and D300s, and this was just over a few months of use. I sent the camera in for cleaning, and started using my second D7000 body. Since I was of the opinion that I must have contaminated the sensor while changing lenses, I used only my 28-300. Well, after only using it for a week or two, I am seeing the same spots return on this second body and I have not even changed the lens. I noticed the spots because while I was shooting, a small image (like a tiny gnat) appeared in my viewfinder. I did take the lens off at that point and was able to blow the "gnat' off the mirror/ground glass, and while I was at it I checked the sensor and there they were. The spot were quite viewable in the images but seem to go away later in the day, leaving only a small artifact when views under magnification. I reviewed the sensor and I could no longer see the spots. At this point, I think the problem is condensation on the sensor (probably while in live view/video mode) with the condensation drying later on leaving spots. As this cycle continues, the spots get worse and worse until the sensor is covered. At first, I thought this may be due to my 28-300 lens, however the "spots" appear to predate the lens. Since the same thing is happening to both D7000 bodies and not my D300s, I firmly belive he design of the D7000 sensor (Sony) may have a problem! Nikon technical services was no help at all, rather insulting! Also, do Y'all clean your own sensors or send time off. I have seen the post on cleaning them, just wondering how many of you do clean your own? Anyone had problem cleaning their own sensor?
Thanks for your help,
Ray J