Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

SD USB card reader

Started by diver dave1 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

SD USB card reader

5 posts
  1. One of my SD card readers has died and I plan a replacement. I use Windows 7 and XP on different computers.

    What do you use/recommend?

  2. Anyone else notice direct importing into LR using an SD reader is slow? If i copy to disk it's relatively fast, but importing directly into LR from SD card is unworkably slow for me.

     

    Im using either the built in SD reader in my mac, or a small USB stick with an SD slot.

  3. Hey Cor,

     

    I've just pulled some video from an SD card via USB, and it was like watching paint dry. I notice that the built in SD card slot on my Macbook Pro is WAY faster. Does anyone know of a firewire SD card reader?

     

    Adam

  4. Anyone else notice direct importing into LR using an SD reader is slow? If i copy to disk it's relatively fast, but importing directly into LR from SD card is unworkably slow for me.

     

    Im using either the built in SD reader in my mac, or a small USB stick with an SD slot.

    I have found the same so I always import to the hard drive, then import to LR. But mine is on a windows machine.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.