Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite Vs. Panasonic Housing

Started by mrmishkin ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite Vs. Panasonic Housing

2 posts
  1. I recently got a great deal on a Panasonic DMC-TS2. I've really enjoyed it for hiking and skiing and want to take it diving on an upcoming trip to Cozumel. So now it is time for a housing.

     

    Panasonic Housing is going for $235 right now

    Ikelite is going for $260

     

    I already have a DS-50 Substrobe and manual controller with arms and tray. Am I being cheap by considering the panasonic housing or should I just suck up the $25 and get the ikelite? I'm a poor grad student at least for another year :-(

     

    Thanks!

  2. The Ikelite housings always seem more sturdy and functional than the manufacturer housings. I would only get a manufacturer housing if I was either only going to use the camera in the rain (smaller and lighter) or if I was going to get a different set up in a year or two.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.