Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

From Fiji: The Evolution of a Crappy Photo

Started by saudio ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

From Fiji: The Evolution of a Crappy Photo

9 posts
  1. I posted this here because I consider it mostly humor. Please move it if it's in the wrong place.

     

     

    As I was downloading photos, I chuckled at this series and thought some might find this amusing. Illustrated here is the process that a photographer might use to take a Crappy Photograph.

     

    I was cruising the reef, and as always, looking for something interesting and eye catching to photograph. I found this lovely red sea fan in front of an opening in the reef to blue water on the other side. I said to myself "there's a crappy photo here, let's see if I can find it"

     

    IMG_0289.jpg

    First, let's see if I can capture the blue water though the fan....nope

     

    IMG_0290.jpg

    Well, let's frame the blue just above the fan...nope, fan underexposed

     

    IMG_0291.jpg

    Ah, now THIS is getting crappy!

     

    IMG_0292.jpg

    Back where I started..Let's speed up the shutter!

     

    IMG_0293.jpg

    faster shutter, losing the blue

     

    IMG_0294.jpg

    Let's get closer! Now, burning out the fan and losing light on the bottom

     

    IMG_0295.jpg

    A little higher angle, another little tweak...

     

    IMG_0296.jpg

    OK let's lose the fan altogether..

     

    Hey look, over there's a clownfish! :gives up and swims away:

     

    :-)

  2. Hey, you stole my shooting style! :(

     

    -Gina

  3. Interesting evolution of your image...

     

    But inquiring minds want to know how you make your little avatar change from eel to eel with a quote???? :(

  4. Interesting evolution of your image...

     

    But inquiring minds want to know how you make your little avatar change from eel to eel with a quote???? :(

     

     

    It's an animated GIF file. A friend of mine made it for me from a couple eel shots I took.

  5. Love it!

  6. Think most of us will recognise this approach! LOL

  7. :)

    Thanks for telling the story of my life.

  8. I used to fill a waste basket with my crap-ish slides; now they go into the bit bucket. Thanks for the laugh.

    Bob

  9. Think most of us will recognise this approach! LOL

     

     

    yeh, I don't realize how much I tweak underwater, but when I downloaded this series I laughed to myself.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.