As another alternative to also consider if your budget is not huge:
I shoot with a Sony HC 5 and a HC7, very simular to your HC1. I have a custom built Intel Dual core PC machine still running windows XP Pro that gets the job done for editing and making Blu-Rays. I use Sony Vegas Pro Version 8 for editing the video. I use the inexpensive TMGAuthorworks for authoring and the DVDs or Blu-Rays and an external blu ray burner.
Vegas pro now has a version 10. I've been pleased with the capabilities Vegas Pro given its pricing. The only weak link in Vegas Pro is its built in authoring software for buring Blu-Rays. I've had problems with that doing Blu-Rays authoring and what I wanted and thus instead use the TMG software instead for Blu-Ray creation.
If you go the PC and Windows route, be sure not to go "low bid" on a machine. Thats where the Apple world figured it out. They have fewer options but they all have sufficient hardware to do the job. People that tend to buy the cheapest PC machines seem to be the ones that have the most complaints. It the PC world you could buy substandard hardware if you go low ball on pricing. Consider a decent quad core machine or better, any middle of the road hardware should be sufficient. Invest in a good separate graphics card and a couple of fast hard drives. You might want to look at the software's recommended hardware specs and work backwards from that.