Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sealux 5D2

Started by folivier1 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Sealux 5D2

7 posts
  1. Does anyone have the Sealux housing for 5D2?

    I'm looking for opinions if anyone is using one. Please respond or pm me.

    Thanks

  2. Nobody has a Sealux housing? For any other camera?

  3. Hi- I have the 5d2 in a Sealux housing.

    The housing is nice, compact and not bulky- not like some others I had looked into. The guys at Sealux are great- if you have any special wishes they'll see to it that it works out for you. In my case- I wanted to have the shutter release lever modified so that I could reach it better (I have small hands). No problem. The slide to place the camera on is great- just pull it out. You can also the the cam in the housing if you want to change lenses- there is a release lever on the outside so you just have to take off the port/dome.

     

    Hope this is enough info- if you have any more questions give me a holler :-)

    BTW: I wrote a critique on digideep.com in german with some pics: http://bit.ly/flizad

    Edited by Paula Schi
  4. Thanks Paula,

    Sealux is on my short list along with Aquatica. I like the fact that Sealux uses optical glass for their ports.

    Can you explain more about the lack of multi-controller function? Are you talking about the front or back controller? The pictures on Sealux website look like the back has the set button and dial for spinning. Can't tell from their pictures about the front controller.

    Also does the camera have to be removed from the slide-in tray to change the battery?

    I'm also thinking of the GV-150 viewfinder. It looks like it would be more comfortable shooting, especially low-level macro.

    One more- can you change lens by removing the camera from the housing? Or does it have to be changed through the front by removing the lens port?

    Thanks

  5. Never mind, I was confusing the multi-controller with the front and rear command dials.

  6. I will have a look at it tomorrow since I will be in the water and give some more feedback.

  7. Hi

    I have used Sealux 5d for 4 years (up to 500 dives) and for 5Dmk2 for 2 years up to now (200 dives).

    I haven't any problems with this this housing.

    Easy to use, easy to manipulate underwater, no problem than preparing to dive - only 15-20 minutes need for it.

     

    I use models with LD viewfinder.

    Edited by DrAlex
Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.