Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

2011 Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year

Started by Carlos_Suarez ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

2011 Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year

14 posts
  1. RAW files and picture information required for Final round judging

     

    Dear Photographer

     

    The 2011 Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition received 40,942 images from 95 countries. After two very intensive but equally energising and exciting sessions of critical review, the judges have managed to whittle down the selection to the freshest and most innovative images that will now comprise our Final round. I’m pleased to tell you that at least one of your images has made it through. The judges are going to have a very tough job when the Finals take place in June.

     

    Wish me good luck!!! :(

    Edited by Carlos_Suarez
  2. WOOOOWWWW!!! A huge congrats mate! :(

    Fingers crossed!

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  3. Well done Carlos,

    I got one picture thru, I'm very chuffed to say the least :(

     

    Anyone else get thru?

  4. WOOOOWWWW!!! A huge congrats mate! :(

    Fingers crossed!

     

    Cheers

    Karel

     

    Thank you Karel

     

    We come back Tallinn this weekend with the Hanse Explorer vessel. Beautiful town Tallinn :lol:

     

    Best Wishes

    Edited by Carlos_Suarez
  5. Well done Carlos,

    I got one picture thru, I'm very chuffed to say the least :(

     

    Anyone else get thru?

     

    Congratulations to you too Scubysnaps

     

    Good Luck

  6. Most people keep their cards pretty close to their chest at this point as there are still many twists and turns ahead. All you know at this stage for sure are the ones that definitely won't win anything.

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  7. LOL! Alex... let the guy have some fun will ya? Dream popper! :(

  8. In some years, every image I have had in the finals has gone on to win an award. In others I have had many more through and got zilch. Anyway with the extended deadline for Nature's Best - all the ones that fell here can be tried over there!

     

    Michael AW is the UW specialist judge - so it will be interesting to see which images he favours. The specialist judge always has a lot of input when the do the judging at the end of the month.

     

    Alex

  9. WOOOOWWWW!!! A huge congrats mate! :(

    Fingers crossed!

     

    Cheers

    Karel

     

    Hey man, we come back of dive in Estonian waters in 2 degrees. I don't feel my hands!!!

     

    :)

  10. Hey man, we come back of dive in Estonian waters in 2 degrees. I don't feel my hands!!!

     

    :)

     

    :( Welcome to my world Carlos!

    Where did You dive?

  11. Well done Carlos,

    I got one picture thru, I'm very chuffed to say the least :)

     

    Anyone else get thru?

     

    This is the fifth year in a row that I get pics in the finals without getting any award (this year I have four), and I have learnt no to hope anything as I think there are hundreds of images selected i.e it is not properly what I would call a final... Good luck to everybody anyway!!!

  12. David, it's the English way of saying we've scuttled out the trash and are left with the semi-worthy. But since we like to tease you with the futile hope of winning something, we thought we'd screw with your mind by calling it the final round when it's really just yet another round of scuttling! :)

  13. Well I got the email saying I didn't win. Anyone else?

     

    Here are my finalist and semi finalist entries

     

    5284f845-12b4-6787.jpg

     

    52848b9b-12dd-cdd6.jpg

     

    Images can be seen here

     

    or theres a link to my blog on my homepage www.scubysnaps.com

    Edited by Scubysnaps
  14. If we're all dropping our cards on the table - I got five semi-finalists, no finalists, so no winners. Next time chaps.

     

    In my heart we're all winners ;)

     

    (But in my dreams it's always me...)

     

    **edit

     

    Does anyone know the numbers involved in the different levels of the judging hierarchy? I seem to remember reading that the overall entry number involved is in the tens of thousands.

     

    It's such an amazing competition- I can lose myself for hours in my books from past years.

    Edited by Will_Clark
AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.