Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom problem

Started by ehanauer ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom problem

3 posts
  1. When I import photos to Lightroom, they don't show up in the library module. There is only a gray rectangle. They show up individually in the develop module, where I can work on them normally. But without access in Library, I can't batch process, compare, or rename.

     

    I'm on a Macbook Pro, system 10.6.7, with 4 megs of ram. Using Lightroom 3.4. Has anybody else run into this problem, and if so, how do you cope with it?

  2. Hi Eric,

    Do the boxes have a little question mark in the corner? If so, it's because they're offline or LR doesn't know where to find them.

     

    The other possibility is a corrupted monitor profile. At least that's what it would be on a PC, not sure about the Mac.

     

    Steve

  3. When I quit Lightroom and restart it the thumbnails show up. I think it may have something to do with importing video along with stills. This despite the fact Lightroom is supposed to handle video.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.