Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Workflow for NEX-5 movies on Mac

Started by aczyzyk ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Workflow for NEX-5 movies on Mac

8 posts
  1. I have little experience with processing video.

    I played with NEX-5 and D7000 files recently and I'm disappointed with what I managed to get from NEX-5 footage.

     

    My workflow was:

     

    1) shot with AVCHD 1080 setting,

    2) imported to iMovie 11 with analyze for stabilization option on,

    3) exported using Share -> Export Movie -> 1080p

     

    Resulting video has ugly compression artifacts, sometimes shaky and sometimes wobbles.

    Looks much worse than unedited clips played with vlc.

     

    Is something wrong with what I did or I expected too much?

  2. Have you tried turning off stabilization?

  3. How does iMovie capture the footage? Which codec?

  4. AIC if I'm not mistaken.

  5. I agree with you then drew must be the stability function going bonkers.

  6. You may also want to upgrade to the latest iMovie. :(

     

    Jonny, is that a first? :)

    Edited by Drew
  7. I've tried the image stabilization in iMovie twice and have given up. It's terrible for underwater footage. Introduces weird out of focus segments.

  8. Jonny, is that a first? :)

     

    Not at all Drew your are a lot smarter than me! Although that wouldn't be hard :(

    Edited by jonny shaw
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.